Friday, January 14, 2011

Wgtn record store closes

Wellington record store Samurai is closing down.

"As you may or may not know, the Samurai Store is closing soon.

After 14 years in the dnb distribution business I have decided to call it a day and work harder on Samurai Music the label and a few other projects I have underway, and of course the store is part of my distribution business so it will be closing down also.

Thanks to everyone I have worked with or sold to or dealt with over the years. It's been a great era but as we can all probably see very evidently it is a different world in 2011 and it's time for a change for me personally.

I'll post more info on the wind down as we get this all sorted, and feel free to come say hi and have a chat before the store is gone.

Local vinyl buyers need not worry about too much, there is plans being made to ensure the regular flow of vinyl continues after I depart."
 
Source: http://bassdrop.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27454
 
Hat tip to MikeE_NZ.

No comments: